This post contains affiliate links.
Looking for healthy recipes you can prep on a budget? One of the biggest frustrations I hear from my clients is how expensive it is to eat healthy.
That's why I'm sharing a healthy, delicious, and budget-friendly recipe that you can prepare for yourself and your family! Click through to try these Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 5 Mins | COOK TIME: 20 Mins | TOTAL TIME: 25 Mins
- 4 Zucchinis
- 2 tbsp EVOO (divided)
- 1/2 Diced onion
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Casserole dish
- Chefs knife
- Cooking utensils
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise and spoon out the center to make wells.
- Place the zucchini in the casserole dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp EVOO and lightly season with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the oven. Stuff the beef mixture into the zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and bake in the oven for another 5 minutes.