My friend, Natasha Mills and I are back for Part 2 of our 2-Part Mind Your Own Plate series for her Let Me Touch That Podcast.
In Part 1, Natasha and I covered:
- What nutrition is, why it's so important, and what it is that I do with nutrition (on Al Gore's Internet?!)
- The most common myths and truths about food, and why we follow them so religiously?!
- The #1 thing you need to understand about supplements and what your doctor might not be telling you that they should!
- The resistance I've experienced from clients and why I'm NOT the nutrition coach for everyone!
- The reason why it's important to do one thing at a time and the #1 reason you're not getting results!
- My own struggles with food and how mindful eating has helped me recover from binge eating!
You can listen to Part 1 of the episode here or your favorite podcast app!
What we covered in Part 2:
- [1:13] Common misconceptions about emotional eating and what it really means when we eat emotionally!
- [3:44] The growth I've experienced and what I've learned by adding more mindfulness to my eating routine!
- [6:33] How you can start changing your eating habits by changing your physical and emotional environment!
- [8:47] What a good nutrition coach won't do and the importance of knowing what you're eating and why you're eating it!
- [13:40] The benefit of keeping a food journal and how it can support you on your wellness journey!
- [16:19] The importance of doing what works for your body - and stopping when it no longer works!
- [18:00] Knowing the difference between nourishing your body like an athlete and nourishing your body for general fitness!
- [20:51] The #1 thing you should consider on your wellness journey and how that can help you achieve your wellness goals!
- [24:00] What we need to take into account when it comes to making wellness goals!
- [29:31] The real issue with commenting on people's weight loss and weight gain!
- [33:11] Why you NOT your doctor is the expert of your body!
- [36:06] My TOP recommendation for what to do if you're looking to get started in the health and wellness field!
- [39:52] The importance of trial and error as an entrepreneur and what being a perfectionist is costing you!
Grab your earbuds (mostly because some adult language is used so definitely not appropriate for little ears), your notebook, and listen to the full episode here or your favorite podcast app!
Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to work directly with your health care provider before making any dietary or lifestyle. Any information discussed in this episode is for informational purposes only and is not to be followed without prior approval of your doctor.
Get resources, tips, and more delivered to your inbox. Plus, get instant access to my free training, “Creating a Weight-Inclusive Clinic and Practice for Everybody.”
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.