I got the opportunity to be a guest on my friend, Natasha Mill's, Let Me Touch That Podcast. I met Natasha back in 2015 when we both worked at the embassy in Bahrain and we have been friends ever since.
When Natasha reached out to invite me on her podcast to share the hard truths about nutrition, eating, and using food as a reward, of course, I jumped at the chance to join her.
Unless you stumbled upon me recently you know that my path to becoming a nutrition coach has been far from pretty. From reducing calories to removing carbs, I've tried just about everything to lose weight.
So, nothing we talk about in this episode is theory. It's all based on facts and truths (or at least our version of the truth as Natasha would say!)
What we covered in this episode:
- [2:40] What nutrition is, why it's so important, and what it is that I do with nutrition (on Al Gore's Internet?!)
- [5:58] The most common myths and truths about food, and why we follow them so religiously?!
- [20:59] The #1 thing you need to understand about supplements and what your doctor might not be telling you that they should!
- [28:18] The resistance I've experienced from clients and why I'm NOT the nutrition coach for everyone!
- [33:34] The reason why it's important to do one thing at a time and the #1 reason you're not getting results!
- [40:20] My own struggles with food and how mindful eating has helped me recover from binge eating!
Grab your earbuds (mostly because some adult language is used so definitely not appropriate for little ears), your notebook, and listen to the full episode here or your favorite podcast app!
Disclaimer: It is your responsibility to work directly with your health care provider before making any dietary or lifestyle. Any information discussed in this episode is for informational purposes only and is not to be followed without prior approval of your doctor.
Download My Free: Body Image Journal Prompts
Enter your name and best email below.
We will never sell your information, for any reason. You can unsubscribe at any time.