There are a few topics that I love to talk about, and emotional eating is one of them. When Eileen Laird reached out about joining her on the Phoenix Helix Podcast to talk about emotional eating and autoimmune disease, it was an instant yes.
This podcast episode discusses the complexity of emotional eating when you have an autoimmune disease. And offers some helpful suggestions about what you can do to overcome this vicious cycle. Check out the interview now on Apple Podcasts.
What we covered in this episode:
- [4:57] My autoimmune diagnoses and health were at their worst
- [12:14] What Intuitive Eating is
- [14:39] How to approach intuitive eating as an emotional eater
- [24:17] How can you process your emotions without food
- [30:09] How to comfort yourself without using food
- [40:32] When healing diets can trigger your emotional eating
- [49:20] How to heal from shame
- [53:36] When to seek professional help
Disclaimer: By listening to this podcast or reading this blog, you agree not to use this podcast or blog as medical advice to treat any medical condition in either yourself or others, including but not limited to the patients you are treating. Consult your physician for any medical issues that you may be having.