Jul 28, 2019
Are you looking for a healthy dinner you can prepare on busy weeknights? I got the purrrrr-fect meal for you!
When you're stressed out and tired after a LONG day of work the last thing you want to do is come home and cook.
Well, that's unless you have a quick and dirty meal like this delicious BBQ Chimichurri Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
In this episode, I show you how to quickly grill chimichurri chicken and sweet potatoes with a cast-iron grill! Click through to watch it on the A Spoonful of Soul Live Cooking Show now.
Click play to watch now!
2 Sweet Potatoes
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup Chopped Cilantro
1/4 cup Fresh Oregano
4 Minced Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 lb Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice sweet potatoes to wedges and add to bowl.
- Drizzle sweet potatoes with 2/3 cup of olive oil and sea salt to taste.
- Evenly spread potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor combine vinegar cilantro, oregano, garlic, 2/3 cup of olive oil, and salt.
- Add the chicken breast to a large bowl and pour in half the chimichurri sauce.
- Set aside the rest of the chimichurri sauce.
- Grill chicken breast for 10-12 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate to rest 5 minutes.
- Serve with sweet potatoes.
MAKE DINNERTIME EASY
The “Essential" Recipe Guide for Busy Weeknights to Help You Get Dinner on the Table in 30 Minutes or Less!
Dinner time doesn't have to be stressful or require hours in the kitchen. Using simple ingredients you can easily find in your local grocery store, I have 5 healthy dinner recipes you can easily prepare on even the busiest of weeknights!