BBQ Chimichurri Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Jul 28, 2019
Are you looking for a healthy dinner you can prepare on busy weeknights? I got the purrrrr-fect meal for you!
When you're stressed out and tired after a LONG day of work the last thing you want to do is come home and cook.
Well, that's unless you have a quick and dirty meal like this delicious BBQ Chimichurri Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
In this episode, I show you how to quickly grill chimichurri chicken and sweet potatoes with a cast-iron grill! Click through to watch it on the A Spoonful of Soul Live Cooking Show now.
Click play to watch now!
2 Sweet Potatoes
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup Chopped Cilantro
1/4 cup Fresh Oregano
4 Minced Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 lb Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice sweet potatoes to wedges and add to bowl.
- Drizzle sweet potatoes with 2/3 cup of olive oil and sea salt to taste.
- Evenly spread potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor combine vinegar cilantro, oregano, garlic, 2/3 cup of olive oil, and salt.
- Add the chicken breast to a large bowl and pour in half the chimichurri sauce.
- Set aside the rest of the chimichurri sauce.
- Grill chicken breast for 10-12 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate to rest 5 minutes.
- Serve with sweet potatoes.