One of the things I often hear from women is the fear that eating healthy means you have to give up the foods that they love.
Before I became a nutrition coach I had this fear too and it honestly caused me to feel guilty whenever I ate what I thought was "unhealthy food" or that wasn't on my meal plan.
What I've learned over the years and what I've worked to help my clients understand is that there is no morality when it comes to food. Food is neither "good" nor "bad."
There are simply foods that work well with your body and others that just don't. Figuring out which foods work for your body is how you can personalize your nutrition so that you can eat healthy while enjoying the foods that you love and that work for your body.
So, if you've been feeling a bit guilty for not eating "healthy enough" I'm sharing 5 simple ways to stop feeling guilty about eating your favorite foods!
5 Simple Ways to Stop Feeling Guilty About Eating Your Favorite Foods
1. Ditch the Food Police. Stop listening to those who tell you what you're allowed to eat and not to eat. You don't need that type of negativity in your life.
2. Cleanup Your Newsfeed. Infuse your feed with people who have the lifestyle that you actually want to live. If they're all about kale smoothies and plant-based burgers and you're not they probably aren't for you boo!
3. Respect Your Taste Buds. Start allowing yourself to enjoy (not just eat) food. No one eats cake for its nutritional value, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy a slice of celebratory cake from time to time.
4. Challenge Your Thoughts. Ask yourself why are you feeling guilty about this food? Often we avoid certain food groups without any actual reason why other than the fact some "guru" said it was bad. Time for a heart to heart with yourself.
5. Give Yourself Grace. When in doubt remember that one meal isn't going to prevent you from achieving your goals no matter what some fitness "expert" says. Healthy eating isn't about perfection, so give yourself grace.
There you have it!
Which one of these resonated with you the most? Let me know below!
5-Days to Stop Overeating
Join our FREE 5-Day Challenge that kicks off Monday, January 25, 2021.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.